
This is how it works: Dump your fries into the bag. Open packet of seaweed flavoring, add to bag. Shake bag to coat fries with flavoring, then eat, presumably with the ketchup that was also included.Since I was eager to share this on the blog, I didn't flavor my fries as directed. I'll be sure to go back and try it, then report back.
I should note that McDonald's makes it very easy to go back, again and again. There seem to be way more McDs here than back in the U.S. I can think of three in my immediate neighborhood: one near each of the two MTR exits, and one in the CityPlaza mall. They all must be just a couple of kilometers apart. Then there's no getting around the price -- my lunch was HK$23.80, or just US$3.07.
UPDATE: Forget the ketchup. The seaweed flavoring is delicious. Of course, it could just be that the flavoring agents are mostly sugar and salt. Here are the ingredients:
Maltodextrin, dextrose, seaweed powder, salt, lobster powder, sugar, soy sauce powder (soybean, wheat flour, salt, maltodextrin), flavouring, anti-caking agent (E651), flavour enhancer (E635), vegetable oil, spices.(I had a takeaway, that's why it looks more like something out Gourmet and not McDonald's.)
