Earlier this month, we met up with some folks in Stanley, on the south side of Hong Kong Island. It's one of those places to which the words "expat enclave" are often attached, as expats like (and can afford) the beaches and relatively fresh air. In addition, tourists flock to its market for popular souvenirs like name chops and artwork.I must be getting used to these kinds of markets now, because nothing interested me and I doubt I'll ever come here again just for the shopping. The seafront promenade, however, is a very pleasant place to enjoy some beverages while taking in the view.
The promenade and beaches are popular places for couples to get their wedding pictures taken.
Then there's this pretty little temple that faces the sea, dedicated to Shui Sin, one of the water deities:
As the sun goes down, it lights up the red-tiled interior in a really striking way:
In addition to this temple, I noticed many more small shrines, more than what I usually see in the city. One needs to be careful not to mistake any for seats!